Welcome to MESA - The Meetings and events support association
MESA (Meetings & Events Support Association) is a new association based on the previous membership activities of MDI (Meeting Design Institute). Carrying on a community network of companies and a ‘people-first’ ethos, collaborating, and working together with fresh new ideas. Behind the member companies are like-minded people in the industry who connect and share their ideas and challenges, in a trustworthy network.
Our aim is to provide a close unit for suppliers in the meetings and events industry to network, support and learn from each other. We want to meet regularly, gathering for personal and professional development, for teams and leaders, to increase knowledge, innovation, and success.
C Community of members collaborating and sharing
MESA is a network of small to medium sized companies (SME’s) supplying the events industry, with a ‘people-first’ ethos, collaborating and working together with fresh new ideas, based on trust between members. Our vision and purpose are to grow a close-knit community where members can face challenges closely together in an ever-changing events industry. We want to provide support from within the community to energise, champion each other and empathise for members' needs.
E Education for leaders and teams is core
We will share industry knowledge through forums, surveys, and network influencers. We will be running educational campfires at tradeshows as well as panels and speaking sessions, based on a MESA perspective and group knowledge, about trends and what is happening in the industry.
We have already run our first Founder Forum in May 2021 and will continue to run forums for founders and their teams with our marketing and sales forums.
O Opportunities to network with colleagues and for new business
We want to reach new audiences and connections with meeting planners including through the online MESA Event Place where members and suppliers can connect, and suppliers can pitch their products to event organisers. We want to create business opportunities and build personal relationships within the community as well as collaborate on different projects and increase our network and opportunities with introductions for each other.
OUR VISION / PURPOSE
“To grow a close-knit community where members can face challenges together in an ever-changing events industry”.
We want to:
- Create business opportunities and build personal relationships within the community
- Reach new audiences and connections with meeting planners
- Share industry knowledge through surveys and network influencers
- Provide support from within the community to energise, champion each other and empathise for members' needs
OUR CORE VALUES
We are an open and approachable group of entrepreneurs and their teams, sharing the same values:
- Guidance: We provide help, support, and advice to each other
- Collaboration: We build close connections, collaborating on different projects
- Respect: We show consideration to each other
- Innovation: We love events and innovation within our industry
- Networking: We increase our network with introductions for each other